Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
joe[_4_] joe[_4_] is offline

Default Drawing in Linux

lid wrote:

Pete Keillor wrote:
Iggy, what do you use for cad or parts drawing? I know you said
you've about completely converted to Ubuntu. I'm considering
dumping windows when I retire, and I'll need to replace my vector
graphics
program anyway, since it's on the work computer. I'll also need a
new laptop.

The only other reason I might keep a windows machine would be
flight and r/c simulators, and possibly personal finances.

I've been dabbling with 2D Qcad (
http://www.ribbonsoft.com), and
Flightgear's flight simulator. Just so's you know...

Also beat my bank in a mortgage dispute using Gnumeric. :-)

--

I did some computer work for a took making shop a few years back where
the software they used for the drawings for the prototypes they made