Doug Miller

Default Solution to NFilter problems

In article bAihb.716796$Ho3.163394@sccrnsc03, "Wood Butcher" wrote:
NFilter didn't seem to be executing many lines which
I had in my nfilter.dat file. These lines I copied from
other users posts. It turns out that for these to function
properly regexp must be turned on. To do this go to
Edit-Configuration-General and check the "Enable
Regular Expressions" box in NFilter.

[snip]

I had to learn the regexp syntax for this effort and I
don't pretend to be an expert. So if those who are
can improve on what I've done - please do, and post it.

Tutorials on Regular Expressions can be found at
http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/helpsheets/regex.html
http://sitescooper.org/tao_regexps.html

rec.woodworking Drop xref:.*rec/.pets.*

Should be a backslash \ instead of forward slash /

#Drop x-posted to 3+ groups
rec.woodworking Drop xref:[^:]*:[^:]*:[^:]*:.*

xref:[^:]+{3,}

#Drop x-posted to 2+ groups
#rec.woodworking Drop xref:[^:]*:[^:]*:.*

xref:[^:]+{2,}

--
Regards,