Posted to alt.home.repair
hibb hibb is offline

Default OT - Tax 'advance' loans

On Feb 7, 10:45*pm, "Mark" wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news

In article
,
hibb wrote:

On Feb 7, 12:00 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,

"cshenk" wrote:

This isnt the level where you hire a tax consultant, but it is a case
where
a person may well use HR block type services quite reasonably.

HR Block? You might as well just use your tax form for toilet paper,
and
send it to the IRS when you're done. That outfit and others like them
hire burger flippers and send them to school for three days to become
"tax professionals." I'm pretty sure the tie they wear is company
property that has to be returned at the end of tax season.

Either do 'em yourself, or go to a genuine CPA.

I'm not a big HR Block fan either but what you said is just a lie. I
went to tax school for three months before I could get hired. I didn't
do the hardest returns the first year. Most of the traffic at the
office was so simple I could have done it without any schooling.

The second year, I took three more months of tax school to cover some
of the more difficult stuff. I worked the second year and decided I
could make more money doing something else.

David

Every single year, every single TV station sends an undercover
"investigative reporter" out to a half dozen of those storefront scam
joints, and every single time, he comes out with six *wildly* different
returns. So I don't care if they send 'em to "tax school" for three days
or sixty years, they're still a bunch of incompetent morons.

They've done the same sort of investigative reporting on the IRS's own help
staff - different responses to the same tax question. *I guess you aren't
safe with either!

I've wondered about those IRS agents. They could audit most people and
the auditee would not even be able to tell if the auditor was correct.
Maybe Smitty thinks they only get a three day seminar too.