Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Strange faucet behavior

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message

Strange to me, anyway. Nary, nary a plumber.

I got a old kitchen faucet, washer-type (or compression) very similar to
the one depicted at:

http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/le...r-faucets.aspx

I turn the hot to, say, 30% of flow. It very slowly creeps back to maybe
10%,
eventually stops altogether.

I turn the hot to, say, 70% of flow. It very slowly creeps back to maybe
40%
or less.

Figgered it had to do with the water going from cold to hot, but it does
pretty much the same when the water at the faucet has already reached full
temperature.

Any ideas?

TIA
Puddin'

I have experienced this and believe it is due to expansion of the washer and
stem from the heat. Some faucets and washers seem to be more prone to this
and wear in the threads might be a factor.

Don Young