Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Strange faucet behavior

Puddin' Man wrote:

Strange to me, anyway. Nary, nary a plumber.

I got a old kitchen faucet, washer-type (or compression) very similar to
the one depicted at:

http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/le...r-faucets.aspx

I turn the hot to, say, 30% of flow. It very slowly creeps back to maybe 10%,
eventually stops altogether.

I turn the hot to, say, 70% of flow. It very slowly creeps back to maybe 40%
or less.

Figgered it had to do with the water going from cold to hot, but it does
pretty much the same when the water at the faucet has already reached full
temperature.

Any ideas?

Can't view that page here, but my guess is that loose stem packing is
allowing the water pressure / flow to rotate the valve.