Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Saw Kickback

Don't scare yourself out of the pleasures of using tools. You can
be hurt by all tools, not by the tool, but, rather, by the idiot
driving it. A screwdriver that slips off the screw can enter some
part of your anatomy if you aren't careful.

Have a healthy respect for the things that can go wrong and
position the work and your body accordingly.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message
Fortunately I have not experienced circular saw kickback or
chain
saw. I have read about it and I am wondering how strong it is,
though. I know the answer probably depends on the HP of the
saw, the
material being cut, user posture and strength, etc. Is the
force
imparted so strong that a reasonably healthy guy would still be
able
to hold onto the saw (with two hands) or does the saw simply go
flying
out of your hands?

Thanks,
Tim