Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
christofire christofire is offline

Default UK source for this magnetic switch?

"Adrian C" wrote in message
christofire wrote:

Who could forget CPC/Farnell? Deal with them once and they'll keep your
letter box well fed for the rest of your life!

Yeah, but they are trade.

You can deal as an individual but on small quantities you pay postage,
don't get free technical support etc.. Basically 2nd class treatment and
they make you feel that. Attempts at getting trade registration for my
credit worthy limited company failed at Farnell without an explanation why
:-(

I've never had a problem with CPC that wasn't resolved with an e-mail or
two. According to http://cpc.farnell.com/terms-and-conditions it's 'Small
Order Handling Charges', not postage, that they levy on orders smaller than
£45 ex VAT. I guess this amounts to the same, but I don't think I've ever
needed to trouble them with less than 45 quids' worth.

Chris