Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
IanM[_4_] IanM[_4_] is offline

Default UK source for this magnetic switch?

Phil Allison wrote:
"Ian Massive Pedant "
Terry wrote:
Can anyone point me towards a UK source (phone or online) for an
inexpensive cylindrical, enclosed reed switch, N/C, for use in a
burglar alarm circuit please.

There is no such thing as a NC reed switch.

** It's a better than even money bet Terry wants the switch to be closed
with a magnet nearby.

Which IS the NORMAL situation in an alarm installation.

..... Phil

You snipped the bit where I gave a usable search term and suggestion for
a retail supplier for exactly that! Here, I've put it back:

for alarm use, I'm fairly sure he wants a complete reed sensor and
magnet pair for a NC loop, NOT a bare reed capsule.

If he's looking for a switch/magnet pair he can mount in the edge
of a door and its frame in drilled holes, googling 'recessed reed
switch' will find plenty, all NC in the presence of their magnet
(i.e. with the door closed). Again Maplin have some.

Thanks for not swearing ;-)

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL: