Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default AAW renewal question

hwahl wrote:
Betty Scarpino is assuming the editorship of the magazine and they
plan to put out 6 issues/yr vs the current 4 - the content will also
change - - - so I think the value will be going up.

It will be interesting to see the direction it goes. It's a hard
balance to run a turning mag - or any woodworking mag for that matter -
w/o repeating yourself. If you put in artsy stuff, it's out of range of
a good percentage of your readers to actually do. If you put in basic
projects, a good percentage of your readers are already past that point.
Quite a quandry. I don't envy the editor!

I think some product reviews/comparisons would be great - seems like we
never see any of those. Of course, the minute you write one you've
painted a big target on your back!

Here's hoping Betty the best of luck...

....Kevin
--