Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Workshops for RVs and Sailboats

Leon wrote:

My parents purchased 2 RV's. The happiest day in my life was when they got
rid of the last one.

I'm still plenty happy as an aircraft owner. I have a fantastic
partner, so everything except fuel is 1/2 price! ;^)

With the _right_ folks, items like boats, airplanes, cabins, etc... can
make lots more sense with more than one owner.

When I speadsheet compare all of my partnership ownership expenses over
the last four years, with HONEST rental expenses, I'm still happy. Many
renters fly either woefully underinsured, or without insurance at all.
You really have to include an fairly valued renter's insurance policy in
a cost comparison. Many people fail to do this.

I would have paid a tiny bit less as a renter, within a few bucks an
hour, but some of my hourly costs build equity, and I have fantastic
access to a very clean, safe, and available aircraft. I see it as a
good value. Without the partner, it wouldn't have been close.

It's worked out so well, we purchased our second aircraft together last
month.