Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Workshops for RVs and Sailboats

Pete C. wrote:
Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In article
,
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I am looking for ideas and examples (with links hopefully) to how
others include a workshop in both their RV and sailboats.

General metalworking and woodworking as the goals.

The examples can be of either type or a combination of both.

Also discussions of having a shop (tools and stock storage) within a
small space and alternative power sources come to mind.

Thanks

TMT

Personally I keep a limited amount of tools, but then my rig is
"smaller" (25 ft). I know a (former) co-worker that full-times in a DP,
pulling an enclosed cargo trailer. It contains both his toad (a
micro-car) and all his bench-top tools, lathe, table-saw, etc. They also
use the trailer as a patio

I have plans on the drawing board for something similar where I'll live
in my truck camper and keep a pretty complete metalworking shop in my
24' enclosed trailer when I go into "hermit mode" on some property I own
as global civilization implodes due to the economic tidy bowl swirl.

I built quite a bit of my first airplane that way...