Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Workshops for RVs and Sailboats

Leon wrote:

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 07:49:17 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:
RV's, Airplanes and Boats, You are happy the day you buy them and the day
you sell them.

Early in his career, my cousin heard this from a thrice divorced
surgeon at a medical meeting.

The 3F Rule: If it flies, floats, or f***s, rent it.

Pete Keillor

My parents purchased 2 RV's. The happiest day in my life was when they got
rid of the last one. Repairs and maintenance is a constant regardless of
how much you use them. I did all the work and that cured me from ever
wanting to own an RV. A good friend that was very mechanically inclined
requested my advise on buying an RV. I simply replied, they are constant
work. He bought an RV and sold it 3 years later and commented that he was
happy to get rid of it, he should not have purchased one.

What kind of RV? I have had a large and well equipped truck camper for a
few years and I still love it. Of course it has a lot less issues than a
camper / RV with running gear will have.