Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Does Hut Crystal Finish go bad?

...The Hut Crystal finish I used was from a store that had only been open
7 months and the finish was still very sticky several days after being applied,
I had to remove the finish with acetone.
Leon

That's what I'm afraid will happen. I just turned a really nice piece
of pearwood and only want to bring out the grain and lightly protect.
It was the only piece I had this size and the last thing I want is to
have to try and strip it and start over.

My alternate thinking on this piece is Tung Oil and wax but I've never
used Tung before and am not sure how it will bring out the grain.

`Casper