Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Saw Kickback

This happens faster than you can react or think!

Basically ALWAYS two hands on circular saws. Always use clamps to hold down
what you are sawing. This keeps that extra hand out of the way of a saw
kicking back and keeps control of the saw.

For chainsaws, this is one thing where you *need* to read all safety
directions and get the safety DVD below. You can use a chainsaw in a manner
which will protect you in the case of a kickback - if you learn the correct
way to use and hold the saw...

Stihl Chainsaw Safety and Maintenance DVD...
http://stihldealer.net/videolibrary/

wrote in message
Fortunately I have not experienced circular saw kickback or chain
saw. I have read about it and I am wondering how strong it is,
though. I know the answer probably depends on the HP of the saw, the
material being cut, user posture and strength, etc. Is the force
imparted so strong that a reasonably healthy guy would still be able
to hold onto the saw (with two hands) or does the saw simply go flying
out of your hands?

Thanks,
Tim