Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Saw Kickback

In article , wrote:
On Feb 6, 6:13=A0pm, wrote:

My circ saw kicked back on me when I was almost done pruning the
branch of a beautiful japanese dogwood growing in our front yard. It
costed me a quart of blood and twelve outer plus four inner stitches
on the top of my right wrist...
Happy cutting.
ps yeah, kickback is quite strong - and I'm a well built , 200 lb ,
healthy guy who has no problem lifting 150 lb weighs...

Your saw will only kick back if you are doing something wrong and/or
unsafe with it.

Yeah, no kidding. My first thought reading that post was "why on earth was he
using a circular saw to prune a tree???" Dumb, dumb, dumb.