Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Does Hut Crystal Finish go bad?

"Casper" wrote in message
...starts degrading the moment you expose it to air. The alcohol in it
will absorb moisture from the air and eventually becomes unusable
from the stand point that it may never cure.
Leon

This is a still sealed bottle dated to use before Jun 30 2005. I have
not opened it. I received it as part of an xmas gift. I'm guessing
this was sitting towards the back of the shelf and went unnoticed. I'm
torn between using it and seeing if they will take it back this late.
`Casper

Open it and it is yours. If it were me, I'd take it back and exchange it,
your receipt will help prove the point. While the expiration date does not
mean that it will go bad after that, the manufacturer will not recommend
using it past that date even though because of different climates it could
go bad sooner than later. Even at the factory before the bottle was filled
the product was exposed to air.