Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default Nothing more pleasant than...

On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 09:44:09 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

:On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 19:28:09 GMT, (Mark Zenier)
:wrote:
:
:In article ,
:Patrick Turner wrote:
:
:
:Jim Thompson wrote:
:
: Nothing more pleasant than...
:
: A Democrat President, barely two weeks into his term, already losing
: popularity in the polls.
:
: Maybe he'll reach W's level within his honeymoon 100 days ?:-)
:
: And, now, less than 50% approving his stimulus package.
:
:There is nothing more awkward to watch than a republican facing the fact
:their precious W ****ed up the whole world economy so well, but then
:republicans are renowned for being egyptian about all things political,
:ie, they are seen standing in denial rather too often.
:
:I'm just wondering when the USA will pay all its debts.
:
:Seems we are somehow holding our own against other currencies.

Yeah... but why it is holding up is a mystery. With the debt that the US is
foisting upon its citizens (and the world) it seems an insurmountable problem to
pay it off. Unless there are sufficient assets to back up the current high
currency rate it must fall into a hole eventually. I just think the rest of the
world is trying to buy US$, (and therefore keeping the $ up) out of a desperate
hope that the US will be able to turn things around as they usually have in the
past. Perhaps this time the hill will prove too steep to climb.