Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default long-link test for your news reader

David Nebenzahl wrote:

It's OE. Outlook plays by Microsoft's made-up "rules" for formatting
emails and Usenet posts, which are different from the long-standing
and agreed-upon ones used by *every other mail/news client*, which is
why Stormin's malformatted posts look OK when viewed by the same
software which generated them.

More proof of brain damage is the oft-seen text above, "- Show quoted
text -", probably a result of concurrent brain damage between Google
Groups and Outhouse Express.

Microsoft runs on 90%+ of the world's computers and most of those folks use
OE or Outlook or Vista's Windows Mail program. Microsoft is, therefore, the
"keeper of the standard." It is incumbent upon the wannabes to conform to
the way Microsoft does things, not the other way 'round. "*Every other
mail/news client*" don't make up 10% of the world's effort.

As to the "Show quoted text" you never see that on my posts. Again, I think
you may be blaming Microsoft for something that is really the fault of those
who refuse to conform to Microsoft's standards.

I don't want you to think that just because I own a ****-load of Microsoft
stock (quarterly divident checks are running $2,400), I will defend them no
matter what. I'll be the first to jump down their throat when they do
something inexcusable.

Fortunately, that has never happened...