Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Chipped bathroom sink

wrote:
I just noticed a chip in the porcelain of my bathroom sink.
It is about l" long and 1/3" wide. I found part of the chipped
material, but it doesn't fit exactly, so some bits must have
been washed away. I assume the chipped area is due to something
VERY heavy falling into the sink.

Questions:

1. Is there something "plastic" in texture that I can mold into the
chipped area?

2. Or am I better off trying to "glue" the salvaged bit
of porcelain into the damaged area. If so, with what?

Any suggestions welcome.

There are folks who can come to your house and do an invisible repair,
essentially re-porcelinizing the chip. They've got torches and everything.