Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Energy consumption reduction opinions sought.

In article ,
On 2009-02-05, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

When the reason for this came to light, all sorts of
people started claiming skin problems too.

You've obviously never seen the state of my wife's hands if she handles
some washing powders.

One family member works in a hospital, and almost certainly
due to frequently using alcohol hand wipes, she finds she
can't handle detergents anymore. She can't even go near a
decent washing up liquid and has to use one of the
eco-doesn't-actually-dissolve-any-grease ones.

Which alcohol? Ethanol or isopropanol?

I fell across an article the other day blaming erythromelalgia on
isopropanol (IIRC, in a carpet cleaning product).

--
Rod

onset.