Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using Havahart traps to relocate animals

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:39:33 -0500, Don Wiss
wrote:

All the traps specify which animals they catch. One Amazon.com page* shows
three different sizes to cover all animals being sold as a package. But why
can't larger traps also be used for smaller animals?

* http://www.amazon.com/Havahart-1085-.../dp/B000H6JJEA

Wouldn't this one trap catch all size animals that are too big to get through
the mesh?

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

I had to cover areas of the trap. Squirrels would reach through the
trap side to grab the bait. One time a possum squeezed into the trap.
It was so big the fur came through the trap and the possum was
square-shaped. I had to open both traps sides and push him out using
a toilet plunger. Also, I have seen some animals with blood on their
limbs, desperately trying to escape. Never caught any groundhogs, I
guess they are leary of traps.