Posted to alt.electronics
Jasen Betts[_2_] Jasen Betts[_2_] is offline

Default Change HD & Power leds

On 2009-02-02, John wrote:
I would like to change the led's in a old pc I recovered amber=power
green=hd from there factory color to different colors like blue and super
red led's.

I use to play electronic hobbies years ago so Im concerned that if I
just solder the defferent color leds to the leads I might fry
something.

powersupply for the existing LEDs is most probably 5V through a series
resistor, so just replacing the leds should work. the new leds may not
light to full brightness but will probably look good none-the-less.
There's no risk of damage to the PC by this modification as long as you
take due care.