Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default run furnace without blower?

On Feb 5, 5:54*pm, Bubba wrote:
On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 02:38:08 -0800 (PST), ransley

wrote:
On Feb 5, 4:35*am, George wrote:
We have a gas forced-air furnace. *The blower v-belt broke tonight.
Oops. *I'll get one as soon as the stores open; but, in the meantime, in
case anyone is up: can I run the furnace w/o the blower, like an old
gravity furnace? *Or, to put it more precisely, how long can I run it
that way?

Thanks,

Dont, if you can get it repaired it should not run without the blower.

As usual ransley, you are most likely wrong again.
It has a belt drive blower so it is most likely a very old furnace.
Probably something like an old Williamson or one of the other Behemoth
furnace. You can run those day and night without a belt and not hurt
those plate steel heat exchangers. Ive seen them glowing cherry red
and still not hurt the heat exchanger one bit. Probably has the old
Honeywell limit that you can almost burn with a propane torch and not
hurt it either.
If it were a modern furnace, forget it.
When will you ever get it right, ransley?
Bubba

Again did you help the guy, no. And this aint paying you either.