Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gnack Nol Gnack Nol is offline

Default goodbye to analog TV modulators

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:23:40 -0600, les wrote:

With the surge in digital television, soon those of use that like to
distribute and mix RF into the house coax will have lost that nice
ability, until an affordable digital video modulator comes along. I've
been scouring the net looking if this is available yet, but haven't seen
it. (and no, I don't want to be switching between analog and digital
tuners......it's too confusing for the family) I'm trying to make it a
turnkey
operation, so feeds like surveillance cams, off-air signals and other
video feeds can all coexist on the same wire and be switched cleanly via
the digital tuner.
Has anyone seen an affordable digital modulator yet??

Les KA9GLW

Why ? just about any digital TV still recieves analong signals. It is
channel XX.0 in the tuner's lineup whereas the digital channels are XX.1
..2 .3 .4 ect.

So where's the problem?

Gnack AEH4BW