Christian Aufreiter

Default ELU tools?

"Robert MacKinnon" wrote

Excellent history, Christian. It was around 2000 that B&D eliminated the
Elu name and colour from its product line (at least in Europe). I have the
last Elu catalog, 1999, in my collection. I personally own a MOF 177
router, MOF 96 router and a MBR 100 buscuit jointer.

Yep, must be correct. I have an Elu catalogue from 1999 and one from
2000 which should be the last one. In the 2000 catalogue Elu
introduced "power boxes" (= systainers as we know them from Festool)
but when Elu became Dewalt, B & D took them out of the DW program.
BTW, I was at my store this week and found some Elu tools lying
around. Some drills, MOF 96, OF 97. I'm almost sure that these tools
cost exaclty the same as the Dewalts but I might try if I can get some
discount.

Christian Aufreiter, Austria