Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Changing a tire at home

I have tubeless on my tractor. I have green slime in those tires.
They stay up now. Lots of sticks and glass.

I figure the tire will be bare before it needs fixing.

Martin

Gerald Miller wrote:
On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:56:19 -0500, Wes wrote:

stryped wrote:

I have a trailer with 215/70/15 inch tires. Two of the tires
constantly goes flat over a period of about a week. I went to tractor
supply and bought a 14/15 passanger radial tire tube yesterday.

This isn't the answer you asked for but have you considered using Slime w/o the tubes?

My 20 year old snowblower's tubeless tires would go flat in about 2 days. I didn't feel
like buying new ones since sears seemed rather proud of theirs.

So I bought a bottle of Slime. It is a tire sealant often used in dirt bikes and such. I
tested it by putting it in the deep freezer for a day and it was still liquid.

I haven't put air in my snow blower tires in about a month. You do have to take your
tires for a trip to coat them. I thought at first this was a failure but after a few
times snow blowing, the air leakage stopped.

Wes

Why in He double el they put tubeless tires on snow blowers and
wheelbarrows, etc., I'll never figure out. After a maximum of five
years you must either do as above or install tubes; so why not
develope customer satisfaction in the first place. Its not like they
are having a heat problem from high speed driving or something.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada