Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] daszkiew2000@yahoo.com is offline

Default Payne furnace

On Feb 5, 6:34*pm, (3point141592)
wrote:
--Payneful furnace--
-------------------------------------

Our Payne gas furnace has developed a frustrating habit of turning off
whenever the temperature drops, usually below freezing. *
The thermostat still reads 'heating,' but the blower and all sense of life
is out. *We reset it by turning off the power, draining the line, waiting
a few minutes, then turning it back on, and 100% of the time it restarts
immediately.

The service man cleaned off some residue around the ignitor and had us
raise the exhaust pipe outside a bit, but no change. *Now they just want
to start randomly replacing parts to see if anything fixes it. *

Anyplace best to start? *He didn't think there could be any water in the
system or that cleaning our vents would help, but that was our best guess..

Thanks.

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Undoubtely, payne in buttocks. So it is a condensing furnace, huh? I
heard they do suck and cause PAYNE