Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default cutting in edges with a brush

wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Red Green wrote:
Boy oh boy. All these gizmos. Corner rollers, pads with wheels,
funny looking foam brushes, As Seen on TV stuff, etc.

If it isn't painted with a roller it gets painted with a brush.
Hell, I even painted an old pickup of mine with a brush and
Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer. Dries fast if ya take a ride on the
interstate. OK so it gets a little textured. Sure, I could have
used spray cans or a roller but that wouldn't have been as much fun.

Reminds me of a tip:

If at all possible, select the target color from the vast selection
of spray paints at the box store. Spray some on a (free) wooden
store-proved paint-stirring stick. Give the stick to the clerk and
ask for some gallons of paint to match.

Thereafter, when some touch-up is necessary, it's a simple matter to
shake and squirt rather than all the fussing necessary with
congealed paint, another trip to the paint store, brushes, clean-up
etc.

No need to go to all of that trouble...just choose a paint, any kind:
latex, alkyd, gloss, flat. Buy a Preval sprayer, cost about $4. The
sprayer comes as a kit, and additional air cannisters can be
purchased. The jar is 8 oz. and comes with a separate lid for storing
paint. Nice for finer work, like louvers, and for craft projects. Need to
thin paint slightly to use in the sprayer. I used the Preval
when I repainted a very old range hood - Rustoleum enamel, looks like
new. Painted in place, with a little bit of aluminum foil and plastic
to shield the surrounding cabinets.

In fact, to get back to the original topic, one could use the Preval device
to cut in corners. Simply hold a bit of carboard over the area not to be
painted, and spray away!