Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default long-link test for your news reader

Bob F wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:
A meta-post: question came up recently here about how newsreaders
(the software you're using to read this post) handle long URLs, like
this one:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...1 3QRJVC6DLgl

I'm using Thunderbird which preserves long URLs without splitting
them, unlike what I call "brain-damaged" news clients like Outlook
Express, which splits and otherwise mangles them. This makes them
useless for clicking on, requiring the reader to copy and paste the
pieces back together; pain in the ass.

But this is on the sending end. The question is whether such links
get split up when they're read.

If your newsreader splits this URL, could you post here and say what
your newsreader is?

And what about Google Groups readers? I assume that GG preserves such
links, but don't know for sure.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...1 3QRJVC6DLgl

OE 6

Seemed to work fine.