Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mild rant: 3-way lamp sockets are junk

On 2/5/2009 4:07 AM Phil Again spake thus:

Recently replaced the light bulb socket on a lamp and the socket has
started to go bad only after 6 months. Any one know of a Web source of
high quality lamp parts?

I was suckered in again by Leviton electric products. Leviton brand is
just cheap, cheap, cheap! Useless junk that don't last. Only thing
worse (very cheaply made and don't last) than Leviton's lamp products is
Leviton's eclectic wall duplex outlets, you know the 49 cent junk.

Slight correction: present-day Leviton products are junk.

Surprise, surprise. Most stuff made today is crap.

But older Leviton sockets are well made. I have a lamp sitting on my
desk that belonged to my parents that I got when my mom died; I remember
it in our house from almost 50 years ago. Has a 3-way Leviton socket,
and it still works fine.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair