Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default run furnace without blower?

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 05:35:54 -0500, George wrote:

We have a gas forced-air furnace. The blower v-belt broke tonight.
Oops. I'll get one as soon as the stores open; but, in the meantime, in
case anyone is up: can I run the furnace w/o the blower, like an old
gravity furnace? Or, to put it more precisely, how long can I run it
that way?

Thanks to all. I got a belt at 7:00, back in business. I just boiled
some water on the stove, with a fan blowing out from the kitchen to
spread the heat around. It didn't get as cold as I thought it would.