Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default run furnace without blower?

On Feb 5, 8:20*am, ransley wrote:
On Feb 5, 4:55*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"George" wrote in message

.. .

We have a gas forced-air furnace. *The blower v-belt broke tonight.
Oops. *I'll get one as soon as the stores open; but, in the meantime, in
case anyone is up: can I run the furnace w/o the blower, like an old
gravity furnace? *Or, to put it more precisely, how long can I run it
that way?

Thanks,

I'd not do it as it can overheat the heat exchanger even with a high limit
switch. *OTOH, I'd be tempted to rig a fan somehow to get me through the
night.

Him just asking that question, shows he thinks unsafe and should not
even touch his old clunker furnace. One night, electric blanket and a
hat could have him dreaming its summer out he will be so warm.- Hide quoted text -

Hot water bottles (electric kettle) all round; and snuggle with extra
blankets or coats on the bed! Can be fun! :-)