Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Humidifying with Geothermal

On Feb 5, 1:02*am, borealbushman wrote:
It's 13F outside and our new geothermal system is working very well
(and inexpensively); however, the air in our house is drier than we'd
like.

The installer suggests that a steam-generating humidifier is the only
way to go because of the geothermal system's lower operating
temperature. My research indicates that steam-generating humidifiers
use a lot of power (similar to keeping a kettle plugged in for hours
on end), waste a considerable amount of water down the drain, and
suffer from orifice-clogging when used with well water. I don't want
to deal with any of these (especially with water down the drain - we
don't have a drain in the basement floor).

So ... has anyone out there had success/failure with other kinds of
whole-house humidifiers connected to geothermal units?

(Please, I don't want to hear from folks who "...know someone who..."
or "...heard somewhere..." or do not have a geothermal system
themselves)

You have the most efficient heat and he says put in the least
efficient humidifier, plants work. April Air has very good units and
an auto humidity system that works, I am sure April Air knows how to
size you for your system.