Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Energy consumption reduction opinions sought.

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:12:29 +0000 someone who may be Andy Cap
wrote this:-

Yes OK, I get the principle now, but still it's more likely a high set TRV
radiator will be hot. Yes?

For a given room at a given starting temperature the higher the
valve is turned the more likely it is that the room will not be
above the set temperature and thus the radiator will warm up.

For the same given conditions the higher the valve is turned the
longer the radiator will take to warm the room up to the set
temperature, at which point the valve will close down and the
radiator will then cool down.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh