Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default Jammed radiator bleed valve

On Feb 5, 10:45*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *Broadback wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
* *Mike Clarke wrote:
or use a soldering iron or hot poker pressed directly onto the bleed
screw to minimise the collateral damage.

Won't that make the bleed screw expand more than the surrounding
radiator and make it even tighter?

Doesn't seem to matter - if it expands relative to the housing, being
on a thread and pressing on a seat, might shift slightly.

Thanks for all your help, I tried them all and failed. so now have a new
radiator on order. None in stock as my wife wanted a round top which are
out of fashion. That such a little thing could be so expensive and time
consuming is unbelievable.

You heated it up to cherry red and it still wouldn't budge? Unlikely. ;-)

What about drilling it out? Especially if you have to take the rad
off the wall becuase then you can get it out in the open and line the
drill up carefully.