Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Energy consumption reduction opinions sought.

In article ,
Andy Cap writes:
On 04 Feb 2009 22:17:52 GMT, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Anything below high setting and the rads run cool.

It may be that the valve pins are getting stuck in.
Can happen with some types as they age.

I'm no CH expert but I don't get this issue.

Surely the whole point of the TRV is to restrict the flow, so that less water
flows and the radiator emit less heat !

The suggestion that the radiator attain the same high temperature would surely
infer some timing factor, rather than a temperature regulation or am I seriously
missing the point ?

It seems to be a common misconception that the TRV sets the radiator
temperature. It doesn't - it sets the room temperature. The radiator
temperature is likely to swing all over the place in its effort to
maintain the room temperature, particularly given that the hot supply
to the radiator is likely to be cycling on and off from the boiler too.

--
Andrew Gabriel