Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Energy consumption reduction opinions sought.

In article ,
Geoff Lane writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Geoff Lane writes:
Andy Cap wrote:

TRVs on radiators are very effective and how you program your roomstat.
My TRVs don't seem effective at all, probably cheap ones used by builder
doing my extension a few years back.

In what way do they seem ineffective?

On occasions it is definitely chilly and the rads feel cool until I
loosen the securing collar which actually opens the valve fully. I have
tried switching thermostats but same effect.

Anything below high setting and the rads run cool.

It may be that the valve pins are getting stuck in.
Can happen with some types as they age.

--
Andrew Gabriel