Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default A little snow had began to fall....

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 23:28:08 GMT, Mark wrote:

Likewise I remember struggling through snow up to my knees (age 11) that
year to get to school. Seem to recall having to share the girls loos cos
ours were frozen.

Ive got some picture I took in 63, the most amassing thing was the icicle
hanging from all the roofs and guttering we had some over 4ft long. We could
not open the back door for over a week as the snow which was halfway up it
had party melted and then re frozen.
The ponds on Clapham Common froze solid and were turned into ice skating
rink.
That winter seemed to last an (ice) age
But the schools buses tube and life in general carried on as normal.
We now seem to be breeding a class of wimps that need H&S guidance before
getting out of bed in the morning.

Same here (S. Northants) - 1 road out of the village wasn't cleared until
into March, but we still got to school. The Headmaster used to ski in - all
of 100 yards!
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.