Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default KDS LCD monitor, Sampo Inverter..

It appears I have a failing inverter with a KDS 17" monitor.
this is a dual unit Sampo QPWBGL9151DG
http://www.lcdpart.com/Products/qpwbgl9151dg.html

I found a pin out on the net and states that pin's
1,2 = 12V, it has that, pin's 3 is a On/Off, it's at
~ 4.1 volts via a resistor from the processor board coming from
a 5 volt source. Pin 4 is a dimmer control, it's at 3.35 volts,
5 is ground/common..

With that, I assume the inverter board should be operating and
generating some voltage to the CCL lamps?

Is my assumption correct? If So, I guess I need to repair the
inverter ?

So, I guess my other question would be, have any of you ever come
across this inverter and repaired it? It seems to be in the master
turn on because there are 2 output sections. neither work.

P.S.
The monitor it self seems to function with its yellow/green
pilot when I apply a signal, so that tells me the major part
of the unit is ok..

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"