Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Changing a tire at home

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 20:50:16 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message
I have a trailer with 215/70/15 inch tires. Two of the tires
constantly goes flat over a period of about a week. I went to tractor
supply and bought a 14/15 passanger radial tire tube yesterday.

Is there a good way I can take this tire off at home and install the
tube and tire without a professional tire changer? I have done it on
the small 4.80 wheels, but nothing this big.

Ir is this impossible and I am asking for trouble?

If the tires look good take them to an Les Schawb tire store if you have one
and they will check it for free. Even fix a flat for free. But I would pay
the 10 bucks a tire, last time I paid for a mount, to a tire store and have
them mount the tire. Is worth the money to save the work and agravation.
Other tire stores most likely will check them for free also. They have
water tanks for this.

A spray bottle with soapy water plus a bit of glycerin works for me
most of the time. A bit of extra air helps.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada