Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Geothermal heat pumps ?

Bubba wrote in
:

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:05:31 -0800 (PST), ransley
wrote:

On Feb 4, 12:51*pm, wrote:
On Feb 4, 11:48*am, ransley wrote:

On Feb 4, 7:36*am, " wrote:

Anybody know about geothermal heat pumps? * I looked at a house
with three of these things and I really dont know much about
them.

I have no experiance with them. I would want to see utility and
repair bills, have the system reviewed by his installer
maintenance guy and someone else. I have heard of units poorly
designed, maybe undersized that never gave full comfort without
expensive electric resistance heat. I would want a home owner
guarntee of some sort of performance guide line. So I would know I
would not need additional AC or expensive heating, or a wood
stove. His utility bills should tell all but maybe they take 65f
in winter and 82f in summer instead of running it, the seller wont
tell you all. Is there a well used wood stove there.

Good grief! * This from a guy that rants on the virtues of tankless
water heaters? *What the hell is so controversial about the
operating costs of geothermal? * Sure, they are more expensive to
install, but if he's getting a house with it, it's a non-issue. *
Unless you want to argue that heat pumps are a poor choice with 50
deg water.

Do you have a tankless WH, I guess no. I thought I was pointing out to
be sure it works right, improper instals dont, but you never heard of
that?

hehe. The guy has a question about Geo and ransley turns it into a
tankless water heater. You flippin dork-meat-head.
The only thing installed wrong is your brain. Someone stuck it in your
arse.
Bubba

[Bubba is wooing Ransley again. He's in the mood.]