Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default A little snow had began to fall....

Jules wrote:
On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:32:53 -0600, Jules wrote:
Fond memories of a sledding hill somewhere around Leamington Spa, too -
there was a fence at the bottom and a pond beyond. So of course the goal
became one of getting up enough speed to duck under the barbed wire fence
(without decaptitation), and then end up right on top of the frozen pond
beyond :-)

Hmm, and I just found out that someone copped it a couple of days
ago trying to do just that :/ (well, not sure about the frozen pond bit)

Funny the stuff we used to get away with as kids...

Amazing the stuff we used to get away with as kids.

Done the sledging downhill and ended up jammed under a wooden fence.
Couldn't walk for a couple of days.

Done the offshore bit in a 16 feet speedboat with with a 95 hp outboard
on the back that kept cutting out in a force 6 with no buoyancy aids, no
other buoyancy, no flares, no radio etc. Coastguard went berserk when we
finally made it to Mudeford. Something about if he had known he would
have had lifeboats out and helicopters up.

Set fireworks off in Epping forest and escaped the old bill who came
into the forest on noddy bikes looking for us.

Put a car on its side and spun one or 2 others.

Been stopped by the police 3 times in 8 days.

Attracted police attention when someone reported us seeing how far we
could get cars to fly over a hump back bridge with long approaches.

Biggest worry now is that the grandchildren will stop playing with their
PS3s and go out and be as stupid as I was at times.

..... and the kids worry because I am obese and drink something over the
recommended limits.