Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Question about tankless water heating and boilers - help a chillyfamily!

On Feb 4, 11:02*am, Dairy Godmother wrote:
Hi everyone, forgive my cluelessness. *We are first time homeowners in
CT and I grew up in Southern Cal. *So now I have this house with an
oil-burning boiler set at about 180 (from what I've read this is not
abnormal). *It seemed fine until winter hit (and this one is a doozy)
and now I'm lucky to get a lukewarm shower. *Its a little better if I
crank the heat for the house, but certainly not a hot shower. *One
plumber said we needed a hot water tank, but I'm unsure if this is
wise to put in now if we are going to central heat and air this
spring. *Basically I'm loathe to spend a lot of money that we wont
need in the future. *Can one put in a hot water tank that works with
the oil burning tankless/coil system and then later with a central,
gas driven system? *We actually have a gas line down there now coming
into the basement if that makes a difference.

Any help very welcomed - I'm cranky without a hot bath!

www.heatinghelp.com is where boiler pros are. You have a coil in the
boiler for HW? So fix it. its not leaking so it cant be that hard. You
are changing from a boiler and radiators to a furnace and ducts,
remove radiators? You need a few more opinions on that. I didnt we
just added Spacepack. What is he paying you for your radiators!