Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to get a doorknob apart

On 2/4/2009 10:29 AM spake thus:

On Feb 4, 1:21 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

At this point my only problem is how to get the remaining knob off the
body. Then I can clean both knobs and escutcheons.

Usually one knob is permanently fixed to the shaft, and the knob and
shaft pull out as a single unit.

Could be, but I still don't see any way to accomplish this.

There's a cotter pin that holds the lock body assembly together. I'd
rather not take it out until I know what's inside there, but it may
allow me to take the whole thing apart.

It would be nice if someone who actually *knows* how these are made
could answer. In the meantime, I'm going to take it to the place where I
got it and see if they know.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair