Posted to alt.home.repair
C.D C.D is offline

Default Garage Door...again

"Frank" wrote in message
On Jan 28, 1:38 pm, George wrote:
BradMM wrote:
Ironically, the guy who came out told me that lubricating the rollers
at the bearings was one of the causes of them wearing out because it
causes dirt and grit to stick which grinds them down. Only lube the
shafts. I'd sprayed WD40 on them many times but didn't seem to make
any difference. I wondered if that was the proper lubricant and he
said use a silicon spray.

Brad

WD40 is a total waste of time as a lubricant. It only contains light
aromatics that quickly evaporate and leave gummy varnish behind.

People that replaced my old wooden garage doors with steel ones told
me to lubricate every 6 months with WD40.
I also use it on guns and have never seen a gummy varnish left behind.

i was always told to use silicon. not wd40.

--
C.D