Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Electrical receptacles

I am a dummy when it comes to electrical.

When you say 20 amps versus 15 amps sockets. I have two electrical panels,
one for each wing of the house. The circuit breakers are all 20A and above
and the wirings are all 12 gauge. Of course the big appliances have higher
amps and bigger wires. I just checked I only have one breaker that is 15A
which is a dedicated circuit to a single outlet in a hallway - which is
strange...

Here is a picture of Panel A:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...pub/PANELA.jpg

and Panel B:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...pub/PANELB.jpg

Does this mean I can use 20A receptacles?

Should I change out the lone 15A circuit breaker?

Thanks,

MC

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Not if the breaker is sized for the wire. However, you may
get some irritated people, when they find out their 20 amp
socket only delivers 15 amps.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Joe" wrote in message
On Feb 3, 9:29 am, Phisherman wrote:

snip

Buy a box of Leviton 20A electrical receptacles. The
"heavy duty" or
commercial types won't break and fail like the 50-cent
kinds.

That might lead to a problem if a high current device is
plugged into
a 14 ga circuit which OP apparently has. Might be a code
issue.

Joe