Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Leaking T

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
I recently repaired a T fitting in galvanized pipe that was leaking
because someone had messed up the threads during installation. The T
was going to be a real pain to take out so I brazed the inside of the
T and then taped it with an NPT thread. It has been holding for over a
month with no leaks. Do you think this should be a good fix.

Jimmie

I have no idea how long it will take but I suspect the iron, zinc, and brass
will set up galvanic corrosion which will eventually cause it to leak. I
would probably have tried an epoxy repair instead of brazing. If you have to
repair it, there are rubber bushed repair unions which are very easy to use
and seem quite reliable, from my limited experience with them. Two have been
buried on my son's galvanized main water line which was corroded in two
when we bought his house 19 years ago.

Don Young