Posted to rec.woodworking
Curran Copeland Curran Copeland is offline

Default (OT) What's for supper

"basilisk" wrote in message
Bar-B-Qued pork steak with cream of leek and asparagus soup.
Yum-yum

basilisk

Around here tonight it is whatever the Red Cross shelter people are making
or MREs if you are lucky. Last night it was Sweet and Sour chicken with
white beans and cornbread and all of the fresh fruit and cake you could eat,
Sunday night it was Bar-B-Qued pork shoulder with all the trimmings for
about 200 while they watched the Supper Bowl.

We have part time electric and propane heat so are in good shape, even had
some shop time. A lot of our neighbors are with out electricity and don't
expect to get it for up to 2 to 3 weeks. The shelter in our county is down
to about 15 people right now with a few hundred coming in for take out
meals. North of us the NG is giving out MREs until the Red Cross can get
feeding units in. So far 80% of our county is accessible but to the north
they have less then 50% in some areas. Things are getting better rapidly
and expect a lot of kerosene heaters and generators to show up at yard sales
this summer. Lost three trees in my yard a Sassasafras, a Apple and a Water
Maple. Part of an Oak hit my roof and lost a few shingles and the gutters.
It has been an interesting week, I have been doing emergency Ham traffic at
the EOC., that was interesting.