Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default earthquake valve

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:10:23 -0800 (PST), engineman
wrote:

Several days ago I accidentally cracked the flexible gas line leading
into my home.
I called the gas co. to shut it off.
There was a strange looking valve on my gas line just beyond the
meter.
I asked the service man what it was and he said it was an earthquake
valve to shut the gas off in case of an earthquake.
The next day I replaced the line and turned the gas on but there was
no flow.
I called the gas co. to get them to find the problem and there was a
different service man.
He looked at the valve and said "what's that".
I was surprised that he didn't recognize an earthquake valve.
He said he'd never seen one like that.
He couldn't reset it so he took it off.
Later I looked up earthquake valves on Google and could not find one
that looks like mine.
It says "Quakemaster 75" on it but that was no help.
Does anyone know how it works and how to reset it?
I live in Ca. and they are always telling us that the big one is
coming so I'd like to get it working and reinstall it.
Engineman
http://www.photoworks.com/albums/pic...toh=&svr=web17

Not the same, but does it reset like this one?
www.seismo.unr.edu/nesc/eamw/gas.pdf

Pete Keillor