Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Drawing in Linux

David Billington wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Stuart Wheaton wrote:

cavelamb wrote:

Ignoramus14358 wrote:

BRLCAD is completely free software.

BRLCAD also completely sucks.

But that's just my humble opinion.

So, Richard, what exactly about it sucks?

Just curious,

Stuart

I expect that like most things Linux, it is inconsistent, poorly
documented, minimally supported, and probably rather amateurish in many
ways.

I would say as a Windows software developer that some of those comments
can be leveled at MS Windows software and documentation as well. I have
an MSDN susbscription and for many things these days google is a better
source of documentation than the MSDN help and I'm not the only one to
think so, a fellow programmer spoke to some MS developers that said the
same.

MS "documentation" is about as marginal as it gets, but at least it's
consistent.